Saturday 12 March 2011

Project "Odonata"


After a lot of people asking what I'm working on, I'm starting to feel like we really need something tangible on this game project we've been planning for so long.

So, we are going to call the game project "Odonata" for the time being...

Anyway, the game will be a 3rd person sandbox strategy shooter. There really isn't any solid categories we can put it into so we are just going to have to go with that description. The game will be heavily based on survival and scavenging in the desert.

For the last couple of months, Ani and I have been knuckling down with the programming, so there hasn't been a great deal of concepts being created, so here is some concepts I did over a year ago! :D



In the next few weeks, I'm going to make it my business to paint a better picture in everyone's mind of the game's appearance, so expect some more stuff soon!

19 comments:

Ian Jacobson said...

I approve

Wheeeooouuu said...

Good luck guys!

Manuel Dupong said...

Looks promising! If you ever need a helping hand, I'll gladly give one for ya.

Peace

Unknown said...

I am anxiously awaiting anything to do with this.

robin_chyo said...

i cant wait to hear/see more details about this project, rob!

blackbookalpha said...

Rob, you and Anneka are a huge inspiration. I knew from the very beginning that you were going to do great things, and the flow of time has proven it. Keep it up man, and good luck!

Sam Rowan said...

some much respect laro, I have followed this blog for years and I love seeing these updates I sure the game will look very unique. great work

Codex said...

Looking forward to it :>

bird said...

i can't wait to play this

i know it will be rad, guaranteed

crithon said...

looks exciting, can't wait.

Unknown said...

Please do post more images soon. I get really excited about any game ventures you guys show work from.
I think that ant one could have been a hit.

Stephen Harland said...

Great concept, simple but deep. Love your design work, loved your modelling stuff, you're a fantastic artist. I think this is a brilliant use of your valve money and I'll be waiting to see it become a big success!
Ps. It's Obvious :)

nlombardo said...

kick ass man! your work is a huge inspiration to me

Alexxx said...

Geebus man looking so awesome. I'm pretty sure this will get really far mock my words!

Mr--Jack said...

Oh man! always super pumped to see any progress from you (and Anneka :D), and looking forwards to more!

Sylvain Decaux said...

Wow, this looks really great ! I can't wait to see more, I hope you Unity will work out better for you !

Joris Dewolf said...

nice concepts

Unknown said...

Fantastic artwork.

Unknown said...

I am literarily stupefied by your skill!

Really top top top notch stuff!

Subscribes*

-Brun